- Do you sometimes go to bed late?
- What do you do when you stay up late?
- How do you feel when you have stayed up late the night before?
1. Do you sometimes go to bed late?
Well, it depends on whether I have met my deadlines at work. If not, I stay late to finish it and go to bed around 1:00 PM or 2:00 PM.
2. What do you do when you stay up late?
I would do many things. I would finish pending office work, read a book that I find irresistible, or talk to a friend over the phone.
3. How do you feel when you have stayed up late the night before?
It doesn’t feel nice to sleep late and wake up early. I get a headache, the next morning and it spoils my whole day.
Meet a deadline (noun phrase) – to finish work on time, by the agreed date.
Eg: We are hoping to meet the July deadline
Irresistible(adj) – too attractive and tempting to be resisted.
Eg: The chocolates were irresistible.
Over the phone (noun phrase) – hat something is done using the phone as a way to do it.
Eg: She conveyed the news over the phone
Spoil (verb) – diminish or destroy the value or quality of.
Eg: Don’t spoil the fun.